Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Is She Attached?

Oh, the American Girl Doll company. Got to love them. They make these 18" dolls with hair girls can brush and story books that girls can read. Their eyes open and close as you lay them down and their bodies are made of cloth, except the arms, legs, and head. They are really well made dolls, however they average around $90 per doll with no extra accessories; that is an additional cost. They make dolls that little girls can pick out that even look like themselves. The store that I wrote about a few blogs ago is like a Super Wal-Mart for the dolls. You get the picture I am sure. So, Leslie did not have anything to do with her doll that day, but since then she has taken her dollie everywhere! I should mention that she did not take Kirsten, the doll, camping with us. I am not sure why, but when we got home she immediately asked where her doll was. I heard Leslie say once she found Kirsten, "Oh, Kirsten! I missed you so much. Come on let's go play." My heart melt. That night she asked if Kirsten had PJ's for her to wear so she could sleep with her. On Monday we got Kirsten dressed in her ballet outfit that came in the suitcase with her to go to dance class with Leslie. Let me tell ya, that was the best dance class time we had in long time. Was it because we had not been there in two weeks or was it the doll? Yesterday, Leslie decided she wanted Kirsten's hair curly like hers, so we put rollers (that also came in the suitcase) in her hair. I want Leslie to get attached to this doll because they are really fun and create wonderful imaginative play, expensive but fun. They can be awesome companions. However, most girls do not get attached to these dolls until the age of 7 or so. What do I do? Go with it and have fun? Start purchasing accessories for the doll or just wait. I do not know what to do. You decide, is this Leslie's new best friend or is it just a fad?









Does she look attached to you?

As for my all-boy son, Nolan, he only needs three more stars (for good behavior at school) to make another month of ALL STARS! Yeah! He read the last and hardest book in the BOB book series to me last night. He continues to amaze me! He is lovin' life with his Daddy home to take him to T-Ball practice and mow the yard. Yes there is several BLADES of grass that the two feel they need to mow. Hey, whatever floats their boat! At least I will always have a fantastic looking yard.

1 comments:

Mommyto3K's said...

Looks like you better start budgeting extra money for American Girl Doll accessories!! I think Leslie is hooked:-)