We are so very blessed to have days like today. Even blessed to be able to pay bills over coffee, mop the floors with my daughter, and getting dressed at noon. Yes, that has been my day, how wonderful! I had an eye watering moment that made me realize how fast we live our days and quickly they pass. It was Open House at Nolan's school this evening and I was so excited, yet dreading to work the book fair. The kindergarten held a concert in the gym for all to see. Nolan luckily stood right in front of us and sung his heart out. I was so proud that my eyes watered uncontrollably. I still do not know if I was crying happy tears for Nolan to be participating and trying or sad tears that he is growing so fast. Nolan has come so far in the past few years. To be a late talker and now singing in a concert just warms my heart. He used to sit in the back and do nothing at all. Now he tries; and that is all I ask. After the concert the classrooms were open with art work flooding the walls. I still get a kick out of going to the classroom even though I see it almost on a daily basis. I just feel at home there. What does that tell ya? Anyhoo, it was a wonderful visit to the school even if I did have to work a bit at the book fair.

When we arrived home we decided to enjoy the lovely weather and take a bike ride. Once again I got an eye watering moment watching my two beautiful children and wonderful husband enjoying their bike rides. The smell of the bluebonnets and wildflowers were in the air with the gorgeous sun setting in the sky. We are so very blessed to live on this earth. The bluebonnets were in full bloom and I just cannot go by them without taking pictures. Always take the time to stop and smell the flowers!

Park City Utah
4 years ago

2 comments:
Very blessed indeed!!!
I am so proud of you it made me cry to see what all you did and I was not even around. It's an Oscar for you, for sure.
Post a Comment