Friday, April 25, 2008

Shop till Ya Drop!

Yep, that is what I did today! Leslie and I went to Hillsboro for a day of shopping and it was so much fun. Leslie is quite a little shopper and I am so thankful for that. The one thing that she insisted on buying was a little fabric doll from The Children's Place. I really had no problem buying it....even if it was African American! That's is okay, we now have a culturally different toy to broaden her playtime. I don't know how but I always catch The Place on huge sales, so I picked up some great deals for clothes for school next year. I am not really a picky person on buying last fall's line, just as long as I like it. I am particularly proud of the deals I found for myself. I ran into the Gap outlet and stocked up on shorts and cute shirts that I can dress up or down. I am proud of this because as most of you know, I ALWAYS buy for my kids and NOTHING for myself. So, there. I did it! I guess, it was a little easier this time since Les has been doing a lot of shopping for HIMSELF. Yes, that is right. Les is a shopper and he has JUST discovered TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross. Mind you, I have been trying for about 10 years now for him to just walk into those stores. I guess being with his brother influenced him to give them a chance. The two of them have been working in Arizona so they go shopping on their free time. I admit, I am happy he finally sees what I have been telling him all along, but he is TOTALLY addicted now and cannot to spending money. He has come home with new shirts and says "Look at this shirt, it was $20 but I got it for $7!" The thing is, he has spent A LOT of money the past few weeks. So I thought what the hey, I will to. Anyway, gotta go for now, I have five kids at my house right now. I am babysitting Matt and Mindy's kids and they are having an absolute ball!

1 comments:

Mommyto3K's said...

Congrats on finally spending some money on yourself!!!