Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Little Rascals

Two weeks ago I saw a flier in town advertising a photographer coming to town doing sepia old fashioned portraits and so I signed up immediately. The kids had an absolute blast during their session. The photographer was nice and flexible. He just could not get over how well the kids were doing and how photogenic they were. He was having fun too and even asked if I was in a hurry that day because he wanted to take a lot more. He took so many pictures and I was so excited to get them back. Well yesterday was the day I finally got to see his work. I walked into the building he was set up at and he had a long table filled with ALL of the pictures. My jaw dropped! I stayed there almost an hour trying to decide which pics to buy. There was not one bad picture! I had to just start being very picky, which was hard too. I only picked six poses just so I would not break the bank. But seriously there were so many wonderful pictures it breaks my heart knowing they will probably just end up in the trash. The photographer was proud of his work too. He even mentioned that he was starting his own business of taking black and white portraits with a color enhancement and wanted to take some pictures of my children to use for his advertisement fliers. I was so very proud. He asked if I could come back tomorrow, which is now today for another session in black and white. I want to soo very badly, but Nolan has a doctor appointment and by the time I get back and get ready for tonight (dance recital rehearsal), I will not have time. My dad and husband both said that there are a lot of legalities that go with doing something like that. So I am not sure if really want to get into that. However I really do not want to miss the opportunity either. I am stuck with what to do. Hmmmm. Anyhoo, enjoy the portraits! I actually took a picture of the portaits so I can show them off. That is why the coloring is kind of off on some of them. Sorry.







2 comments:

Mommyto3K's said...

Diana,
The pics are awesome. I bet you did have a hard time picking out your favs. The photographer did an awesome job. Looks like you've got 2 little models on you hands. Very cute!!!

Krazy Kazy Kay said...

I am so glad I didn't get to go with you to pick out ones to keep. I WOULD HAVE BROKEN THE BANK. I am showing them to everyone I see. They really should be modeling. You are missing out on something really good.