On Saturday morning the family and I loaded the car and headed to Hutto to see Cheri's new home. The trip did not seem that long to Les and me because we were able to take a new toll road in the outskirts of Georgetown that took us straight to her house. However, the kids continued to say, "Are we there yet, are we there yet?!" Ugrh. We waited way to long to visit the Thompson family...so long the kids forgot what it felt like to be in the car for two hours! Anyhoo, we landed in Hutto in no time and drove into the golf course community. Immediately we were so happy for Cheri and her family to be in that neighborhood. Her house has so much appeal and not a "cookie cutter" style. She opened the door when we arrived and I immediately smelled her signature smell of vanilla bean and brown sugar mix. I always have to eat when I visit her! The house was decked out in fall foliage and candles. Seriously, it looked like a model home and you can definitely tell she sold Southern Living at Home. Anyone would buy that stuff after seeing her home! The kids immediately made their selves at home and played hard until we left on Sunday. After lunch, we decided to visit a Pumpkin Festival in Elgin. The kids got to do a hay ride, stuff a scarecrow, pet animals and run through a hay maze. It was a lot of fun, but I think I also realized that I am officially a country girl when the smell of horse poo does not bother me and the kids really do not get excited to see rabbits, goats, and chickens. We see that on a daily basis here! But let me tell ya, those city folks sure eat it up! Afterwards we stopped at one of the famous BBQ joints there in Elgin and Ken bought some sausage to cook at home while we watched the Longhorn BEAT Missouri! That was a blast as well! Finally after dinner we decided to carve our pumpkins. Cheri is so good to have everything you will ever need for projects. She had a carving set ready with plastic on the tables and then glow sticks to stick in the pumpkins once they were done! The kids loved helping make the faces and digging the goo out of the pumpkins. Then Cheri made her famous pumpkin seeds that you just can't stop eating! By this time is was time for bed and the kids and mommies conked out! On Sunday we played at the neighborhood park and went to eat at a Mexican restaurant. Yummy. I seriously overate! We had such a wonderful weekend and miss the Thompsons so much. We will go back real soon!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

2 comments:
Glad you guys had so much fun and we look forward to seeing you all again soon. BTW, you know my house is never that clean,lol. Its only "show ready" for guests. If you were to stop by today, well..its like normal...messy:-)
I am so glad you and Cheri have that special sister relationship. That hay looks like lots of fun. Great pics of course. Keep it up. krazykay
Post a Comment