Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tool Time with Mommy

Girl Power! Les went hunting all day, so Leslie and I thought we would put our minds and hands to work. I thought I blogged about this already, but apparently not. Les built the kids a playhouse a couple of months ago and really never finished it. Yes, I said two months ago! From a roadside view the house looked finished, but he never made shutters for the windows and so we could never put toys in it. You see, the dogs would jump through the windows and drag the toys all over the yard. Therefore the kids would go out to the playhouse and play for about five minutes before getting bored with it. It was a lot of work and money to have ONLY five minutes worth of play. So, a couple of weeks ago I moved Leslie's kitchen from her closet to the hallway in hopes Les would get tired of seeing it and finish the shutters. Well that plan bombed out and I was the one tripping over the darn thing everyday! So today was the day I, yes I, Me, a Girl, Mommy, was going to FINISH THE PLAYHOUSE myself! So Leslie and I tromped out to the tool shed and gathered our tools and wood. We took our measurements and figured out how to work the saw thing. I was so proud of myself. I really did not care at this point what the shutters looked like, just as long as we could stop the dogs from jumping in through the windows and we could put toys in the house. I did not care if it was one door or two. Plastic or wood. Screening or bars. I just wanted to be DONE! Once we cut the boards to size, we painted them white and waited for them to dry. While waiting Les came home and saw what we were up to. He did help me screw in the hinges, boy that takes a lot of thought! It was such an incredible feeling to know that I helped with the playhouse and now it is FINISHED! Well somewhat, we still have to get a wire jig to hold the shutters up, but at least we have SOMETHING! Leslie was so excited to move her kitchen, table and chairs out. All we have left is some hanging of shelves and pictures to make their house a home. Check it out!
The two white rectangles on each side of the door is what we built!



Looking through the door to the right.


Looking down inside the house to the right.

2 comments:

C.Thompson said...

Job well done!!!

Teri Mason Photography said...

Wow, I am beyond impressed! My son wants a "clubhouse" and I'm so challenged in that department!!