Les is always teasing me about my blogging. As you can see by the dates of my posting, though, I do not blog everyday. Well at least I do not post everyday, but I do read my favorite blogs every morning. So Les teases me anytime he sees me on the computer. Yesterday as I came in from shopping with a friend, Les was smiling from ear to ear. He was beside himself! He could not wait to show me our freezer. Seriously, I walked into the house and two seconds later he says, "Honey, take a look at this!"
My mouth dropped open when I saw how cram packed our freezer was. You see, I am a bit compulsive with my pantry and refrigerator (and a few other things, but we won't go there). Everything has its own place. Everything. Les has learned not to even bother to help put groceries away after a big trip because I just go right behind him and rearrange. So when I saw how disorganized and PACKED the freezer was I .......
took a deep breath and smiled. No really, I said, "Is all of our normal stuff to where we can reach it?" But before Les could respond, I already saw how I absolutely crushed him. He is a man and he is proud to have a freezer full of wild hog meat that he killed himself. He was proud of all of the deer meat he had cleaned and cut himself. He was proud that he fit all of HIS MEAT in the freezer. I was sorry that I did not commend him, so I continued to respond, "That is great honey. Is it going to stink up the entire refrigerator, too?" I know, I know...I am so cruel at times. I meant to say, "That is great Honey, I am so very proud that you have provided for our family. That you have taken your role as a man and gave us meat on our table each and every night." Really.
So, now that I have learned a very valuable lesson on manhood, each and every time I open the refrigerator....even though it does stink and it disorganized and it does drive me NUTS.....I utter the words
"Aaaaaahhhhh"

3 comments:
:) Well atleast he did it ... I had to help cut and wrap our deer. Full freezer is a great thing :)
Gotta love em... :-)
BTW, we are trying to plan a visit towards the end of March. I'll let you know when we have more details.
Well Cheri and I sure know how you have to keep everything so organized. However, I have had that happen to me with my freezer and since I won't eat the wild meat, it just stays in the freezer until - well, it gets frostburn and has to be thrown out. Just have patience. Have Les wring a chicken's neck for meat in the freezer.lol
Post a Comment