Monday, February 16, 2009

Rugrats and Romance......



We had a fabulous Valentine's Day. The kids woke up so excited like it was Christmas....well almost. Les was just as excited and couldn't wait to give me his present. He ran out to his car as soon as I rolled out of bed (he let me sleep in, woohoo!) and gave me an adorably wrapped present. I was so surprised because usually he gives roses and candy. This year he went all out and bought me a Montana silver cross necklace. I love love love it! I am getting quite a collection now.
The kids were beside themselves to open their own surprises, so I made a scavenger hunt throughout the house for them to find their bags of candy and loot. Later that evening, Les fixed delicious steaks and potatoes and we ate by candlelight. The kids asked, "Why are we eating with lights off?" We had to explain how we wanted to be romantic and eat with just a candle light. Nolan had to show his intelligence and proceeded to explain to Leslie how people long long ago did not have lights to turn on and they had to be romantic all of the time.
Then the kids asked, "What kind of music is that Mommy?" I was playing Bocelli, Enya and various love songs while we ate. Nolan and Leslie did not like that much. But I responded, "Oh well, Mommy and Daddy do like the music and we ARE going to listen to it since we are trying to have a romantic dinner with you two rugrats!"
The rest of the dinner went well and for dessert we melted chocolate and dipped strawberries and pretzel sticks. I could seriously make myself sick eating that! It was so yummy! After dinner, we all piled on the couch and snuggled while watching Underdog. Les and I actually fell asleep during the movie! We were exhausted obviously. Oh, how I love Valentine's Day and trying to be romantic with the kids toting along!

2 comments:

Krazy Kazy Kay said...

See-I told you it would be fun to start your own traditional romantic valentine dinner with the kids. I know it was fun and they will ALWAYS remember it. You just make every day fun for everyone. You are my ray of sunshine and I love you dearly. Mama

C.Thompson said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful V-day. I loved Nolan's explanation of how long ago people got to be romantic all the time.