Friday, March 27, 2009

It's Officially Over

Whew! The book fair is finally over and I can get back to normal life as we know it. Today was "Dress as your favorite book character or movie star day" and I thought long and hard over it. Actually, I am lying. I knew who I wanted to be the moment I decided we would have this special day. She is a lovely red headed little girl who wants to be glamorous and fabulous, so she adds more and more ruffles and jewelry to the point that she is gaudy. Her name.....

Fancy Nancy

I forgot to wear my red feather boa in the picture! Oooops. The boa really made the outfit look like Fancy Nancy. Here is the real Fancy Nancy:

She has a series of books out and a toy line at Target. She is too cute or should I say precious. I found just about my entire ensemble at my mom's shop. It is funny because one of the teachers today said "I would love to see your mom's dress up closet!" I replied, "Yep, this is all of her stuff and Leslie has a ball in her closet too!" If you look closely, I am actually wearing a petticoat my mom wore in high school. I am always telling her to get rid of stuff but I am sure glad she doesn't listen (most of the time) because it sure is nice to go to her shop or house when I need something. This morning as I walked out of the house, Les would not even look at me. He said nothing and did not comment. I only guess what he was thinking.


Nolan, on the other hand, was a huge hit! My mom and I looked and looked for something for Nolan to wear today. Once we found Spongebob we knew that was the one. We actually spotted a punch-out head band at the party store and through some ideas together. We asked the associate at the store if we could have one of the boxes he us unloading to do something with. We ended up covering the entire box in yellow paper and cutting out eyes as well as gluing the Spongebob face to the front. This is what we created:

Nolan was ecstatic to find out he was going to be his favorite character at school. He wore his white shirt and brown shorts, too. Doesn't he look awesome?!

Sadly, he did not win the contest. But I was so incredibly proud of him that I purchased a special Spongebob book from the fair.


I am exhausted! I had so much fun, though, and I will definitely do Book Fair again (if they'll let me!)


2 comments:

Krazy Kazy Kay said...

I had so much fun doing all of this with you. It was like old times. Nolan should have won tho'. His finished product was absolutely awesome. I am sure he was awfully proud and not too disappointed since Wesley is there to keep his mind off it. Hey, we will have to do the shop day again real soon. Thanks for the wonderful dinner after the full day of planning and creating. Everything was a huge success b/c of you and your helpers.Congratulations!

C.Thompson said...

How fun!! Loved the costumes. Kensley got a ton of Fancy Nancy stuff for her b-day so we are all about Fancy Nancy now. I bet the book fair was a huge success. You can now relax and enjoy your weekend!!