Kids are so incredibly literal! Matt and Mindy were planning a garage sale on Friday and their kids were busy picking out toys to sell to earn money. Well Les and I invited ourselves to their yard sale and started picking out stuff to take to their house. Normally my kids would not let me get rid of ANY of their toys, so I have to do my cleaning out when they are not around. I remember one time I had boxed up the baby toys to take to Goodwill and placed it in the back of the car. Unfortunately I had to slam on my brakes and the box shifted. Then all of a sudden the kids heard a noise or song coming from the back of the car. They both looked at each other and asked "What was that? Ooooh, I know that is the green toy that moves back and forth. What is that doing in the car? Mommy......" Yeah, so now I not only have to clean out without them around, but now I have to take the box of junk to the donation place ALONE! After the kids were watching Matt's kids gather stuff up, they were excited to do the same. So you can imagine the stuff they were pulling out to sell....even some I did not agree with! Anyhoo, we did pretty good at the sale yesterday and I know Matt and Mindy did too with the exception of being sleep deprived. Les took a load of junk to their house on Friday evening and the kids joined him. Two hours later Les returned with money and no kids. WoW that was pretty cool, I thought he might have sold them for $30. JK He had sold a couple of things already and let the kids sleep over at Mindy's house. I questioned it because they had no clothes or toothbrush, but thought oh well I will just take it to them tomorrow. When we arrived bright and early Saturday morning, Matt and Mindy looked like zombies (no offense Mindy) and the kids looked like they had been run over by a Mac truck. My kids kept them up until after midnight. Oooops! You see, Leslie and Nolan cannot fall asleep together because they just feed off of each other's energy. They have to be separated or an adult has to lay down with them. I felt really badly, but all in all things went pretty good. But remember, if you ever have both of my kids over, you have to separate them and/or lay down with them!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment