Before we got pounded with tons of gallons of rain this week, we had absolutely gorgeous weather. I love this time of the year when it rains in the morning and sunny in the afternoon. The wildflowers here in Texas are breathtaking. They make me unbelievably happy. Of course they are not quite as beautiful as they have been in the past, but at least we have some. We are so blessed to have neighbors down the street that in a sense raise bluebonnets. Their entire yard, which is about 3 acres, is full of delicate bluebonnets. I get to run past them everyday while I go running on my street. Lucky, I know. Well, one evening last week I got Leslie dressed in her favorite dress and walked down to the field of blue dreams. Nolan decided he wanted to be part of that, so he got himself dressed in his best "get up". I was thrilled! They were so cooperative and beautiful. I was literally on cloud nine taking these pictures. Once we were finished and walking back to our house Leslie looked up at me and asked, "Mommy, why are bluebonnets so special and why do you love them so much?" I smiled and replied, "Well, bluebonnets only come in Texas this time of the year and only live for a short time. They are so fragile and beautiful, just like you Leslie. They make me so happy, just like you do." She smiled and we walked hand in hand back to our house.
Park City Utah
4 years ago




2 comments:
Diana,
Those are great. They turned out just perfect!!Today I passed a field of wildflowers that I might attempt to take the kids to tomorrow.
great pics girl!!!! i wish we had some here. those are so good!!!!
Post a Comment