Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nolan's Room

My very first roommate in college, Shellie, (in which I am so excited I found on Facebook) gave me motivation to paint more in Nolan's bedroom. We had changed his room from the Fishing theme to the baseball theme months ago, maybe even a year ago. But his room still lacked in decoration and looked bare on the walls. So when Shellie posted pictures of her daughter's room on Facebook I was amazed. She chose the softball theme and did a lot of hand painting on the walls. I loved what she did so much, I thought to myself, I can do that too and totally copied her. HOWEVER, once I started painted words on his walls, I remembered why I did not paint neat stuff on there before. Have you ever tried painting words on a HIGHLY textured wall? NOT EASY. My little projects ended up taking two days. Anyway here are the photos:

This is the very first thing you see when you walk into Nolan's room. His bedding is from Target years ago. I bought it because I knew one day he would want to do his room in baseball. It stayed in a Target bag for almost two years before we got to finally use it.
Here is the scoreboard I totally copied from Shellie. I didn't get a chance to put the numbers on the cardstock paper, yet. But Nolan will get to change the score each time he wins a game. That is what I loved about this. As you can also see Nolan has an old school desk with a baseball lamp his Grandma bought him.

This is a pennant I also copied from Shellie. I actually stenciled the letters. That was a whole lot easier!

This is on Nolan's bed looking at the opposite wall. We had the Texas pennant and clock already, but the little sign to the right is from Target again. They now have a bunch of baseball and other sports stuff for your room in the "Dollar Spot". I was especially excited to find these there:
That's right, baseball knobs! I unfortunately only found two packages at the time I shopped, but luckily my mom is good to me. On her way to Dallas last week, she and my dad stopped at every single Target they saw looking for more knobs. Bless their hearts they found three more! Now I only need one more package to make the furniture complete! Aren't they the cutest?!

Where is Leslie during all of this you ask? Well, she was right behind me telling me she wants rainbow colors in her room. She kept asking, "Mommy, when are we going to work on my room?"

2 comments:

Shellie Elliott said...

you did a great job!!!!! i saw all that at target. i got maylyn a plaque that has a bat and ball painted on it with hooks to hang her hats or coat on and i put it in her easter basket. i haven't hung it up yet but it is very cute and it was only $2 at target. it looks good girl!!

Krazy Kazy Kay said...

You and Shellie are so creative and I am so proud of you both. I love Nolan's room and I know he does too. Way to go! We will find that other package of knobs.