Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Free and Clear

Well we should be in the free and clear from the strep throat infection, unless I just now jinxed myself! Nolan was the only one that was infected, Leslie never got it. I say we should be in the free and clear because apparently it takes 3 to 5 days for incubation period and it has been 5 days. Woo hoo. Nolan is totally sold on taking shots now. Seriously, he only had the strep for a matter of hours before the doctor gave him a high potent penicillin shot and by that evening he was much much better. So, the other day Nolan was scratching his eczema and asked, "Mommy, do they have a shot for the 'itchies' too?" I laughed. Normally I am not a type of mom to give my children medicine for every little scratch and runny nose, but when Nolan gets sick (not very often) it really puts him down. The shot was great!

Okay on another note, a funny story:

Leslie was playing "big girl" and was writing in a little colorful notebook. She was making tickets and writing every one's name, or at least she thought she was. I said, "Leslie what are you writing that is so important?" She replied, "Oh, Mommy, this is a very special book. It is my diarrhea!" I laughed aloud for just a moment until I saw the frustrated look on her face. "Mommy don't laugh" she yelled. So I straightened myself up and explained that she was writing in her DIARY and diarrhea is when you have the squirts on the toilet. She started laughing and understood why I was laughing. You just got to love kids and their way of understanding things.

1 comments:

C.Thompson said...

Glad Nolan is feeling better and no one else got sick. That is too funny about Leslie:-)