Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Test for All Christians



Warning: If you are considerably sensitive to the election then you might not want to read this. I am a Christian American and I have a right to my opinion.

With that said....

I am typing this with a tear in my eye and so very thankful for my Christian background and home that I have today. Thanks to my Jesus loving mother and father, I have an unbelievable relationship with my Lord. My heart is heavy tonight as I watch the election results and think how the Christian faith is going to be tested. People are wanting a change (so I hear on the news on the reasons they voted) and boy are we Christian Americans are going to be in for a change. It is now that we are going to have to be more faithful than ever and continue to build our home and families on our dear God and His word. Things are more than likely going to swing against our beliefs and we are going to have to stand strong on our faithfulness and trust in God that we make the right decisions. I will continue to think back on the most meaningful yet disturbing sermon I ever heard from our past preacher, whom I loved to hear teach the Word of God. He stated how the "law" has taken or tried to take our God from different things, like prayer in schools and God in the Pledge but are we Christians going against the grain and keeping our beliefs and faith anyways. Are we still teaching our children to pray before school and to keep God in our hearts no matter what is being said and done. This really hit home for me.........especially now. Things are going to change that we do not agree with, but are we going to do it anyways or do it the way God wants us to live. I am going to build my relationship with my Lord even stronger because He is the One we live for. He is the only One that matters. He is the only One we will have to answer to. He is the reason we are all here! If this means no more news watching or even television, then be it. I am promising my Lord that I will be the best possible Christian and Christian mother that I can be. I will teach my children by reading the Bible (I already do, but even more now) and expressing His love more each day to them. I promise to live the way God wants us to live. Now is the time for us all Christians to stand up for what we believe and TEACH IT! I thought we lived in a Christian based country, but sadly tonight I have realized that, indeed, we do not. However, I do have trust in the Lord that there is a reason for the results tonight, and that he will take care of us. I place my worries in His hands. Please pray and keep your faith!

3 comments:

Krazy Kazy Kay said...

Diana, I am so proud that you stand up for our beliefs in God. Just remember HE will take care of His own - the faithful and just. Continue to teach your children the christian values, read your Bible to them and pray. He will always be with you. Mama

Christie said...

Your previous preacher must have been amazing... :-)

Hang in there girl. Just keep holding tight to God and He will get us through.

Unknown said...

We sure do. I tremble in my shoes to think of what is to come.

I see your husband is a hunter too :) We are a family of hunters...

Today they said on the news that Obama is going to get rid of Guantonimo Bay! He will release many of the most dangerous terrorist criminals?