I am actually speechless today as I thank the good Lord that we all have Guardian Angels among us.............or at least Leslie. As Nolan and I were doing homework this afternoon, I heard Leslie screaming outside. You know the kind of scream that hurts, not the kind that Brother is bothering me, or there is a bug beside me, or I am so mad at you. Nope, this was a helpless and scared to death scream. As I ran outside I saw my daughter stuck in the Crepe Myrtle tree. She had crawled up on her Radio Flyer wagon to reach the beautiful red and purple leaves.
When she realized she was still unable to reach them, she apparently decided to crawl up the long branches, when she lost her footing and slid down between two tall branches. Her head was pinched to where she could not pull it out. My heart dropped, and I said, "Okay, Leslie, are you stuck?" She screamed, "Yes, help me get my head out!" I replied, "Stay calm and don't panic!" As I was really telling myself that. I made sure her feet were braced as I pulled the two branches apart to release her poor head. As I hugged her tightly and walked away from the tree I realized how lucky she was. As I stared at the tree and wagon, I thought, my gosh, what if she had kicked the wagon away from the tree and she was hanging.......what if I would not have heard her screaming?! My heart is still heavy as I type this. Les came home from hunting and reassured me that her airway was not actually blocked since she was stuck behind her ears and not across her neck. But still................
Thank you Dear Lord for our Angels that watch over us daily.
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
On a brighter note, can you guess what this picture is?
Yep, it is my sweet daughter lounging and enjoying her hot bath this evening.
Park City Utah
4 years ago

2 comments:
I posted earlier and it didn't show, so I'll try again. Thank goodness Leslie is okay. We miss you guys!! Happy early Birthday to you and Les!!
Love, The Chandler's
Wow!!!!Glad she was okay. I can imagine how stressed you must have been!!
Post a Comment