Thursday, May 29, 2008

Congrats Cheri and Ken!

I know, I know most of you already know that my best friend Cheri has finally had her baby. But for those you don't know here is the story. Les went on a guy's day out on Sunday to a gun show in the metroplex. The kids and I were bored and wanted to go see Holly and her girls at my mom's house. So, my dad came to Clifton and took us back to his house. The kids played in a kiddy pool and slip and slide all day long. Leah, Nolan and Leslie play incredibly well together; so well, I was able to get some scrapbooking done. We scrapbooked all day while Papa cooked and watched the kids for us. As I mentioned, I did not have a car with me and I carry my cell phone everywhere in case Cheri were to call in labor. I called her and left a message that I was at my mom's stranded with no car and to not go into labor until Monday or Tuesday. Yep, you guessed it, that night (we slept over at Grandma's) at 2:45 am we got the call that she was going in labor and was already at the hospital. Shucks! I knew this was going to happen! I was very very glad for her though. She had been wanting to go into labor on her own to have a vaginal birth after a c-section. So it was of course wonderful news. I told her to call back once little Kohen was born. Three hours pass and I received another call that she had entered this world. Here are the stats:

Kohen Lynn Thompson
8lbs
20 inches
born at 5:05 am on May 26th

She had a picture perfect birth and I would suggest going to her blog and checking out the wonderful pictures she has posted.
Congratulations Cheri and Ken! We are so happy for you!

0 comments: