Thursday, May 22, 2008

Field Day

Remember towards the end of each school year the PE teachers would host a field day out in the school yard? It consisted of those little orange cones spread all over the grass and kids running races. I really hated this day when I lived in Las Vegas. I was in the first and second grade before we moved to Texas. I was small and not the fastest. It was always hot and boring to me. In Texas it was a little more fun, but nothing more than running and running and running. No fun stuff. Well here at Clifton the teachers really made it interesting. The entire school yard was filled with stations consisting of hula hoops, jump ropes, wet sponge toss, bubble blowing, Frisbee throwing, leap frogging, jumping house, and kids writing on the side of the school building with sidewalk chalk. All of the while you hear great upbeat tropical music echoing throughout. The weather was nice, a little humid and muggy but not too bad. We all had a wonderful time. Nolan was smiling and laughing the entire day while Leslie just fit right in and did everything with his class. I tell ya, Leslie will not have anything to look forward to once she reaches Kindergarten. She has already done everything! Les even got into the action. He did the leap frog with Leslie and raced Nolan and friends at the 30 yard dash. After all of that we had a picnic lunch in the shade and topped off the day with rainbow Popsicles!


Leslie trying to hop over her daddy!


Nolan really got the hang of leap frogging over!


Watch out! The Frisbees flew everywhere!


Nolan, now is your chance to write graffiti on
the school walls! Notice his name he is
writing...how do they already know to do that?



Leslie enjoyed writing on the walls of course!

The kids were tossing a plucked rubber chicken in the air!
This is Nolan's best friend doing the 3 arm race.
Leslie was surprisingly fast in the sack race.
Les couldn't resist racing Nolan and his friends.
Nolan and his wonderful class after the popscicles.

2 comments:

Mommyto3K's said...

What a fun field day!! You got some great action shots of the kids. I bet they slept really good for you last night. Maybe they should have field day everyday:-)

Krazy Kazy Kay said...

Well, I sure wish I had not missed this one. Was Les able to get out of bed the next day after all that? Leslie and Nolan were really into all the action. Sorry I missed that.