Who can resist Mexican food on Cinco de Mayo? We sure can't. Les took Nolan some lunch as the school and found the class making homemade tortillas. When he tried one, he was instantly hooked. All excited, he came home telling me that I had to get this White Swan flour at the store today do he can make us some homemade tortillas. I cannot resist them either, so I headed to the store for some Mexican fixin's. The kids loved making the tortillas as much as we did. I fixed a chicken filling with fresh cut green onions, cilantro, and cherry tomatoes. Yummy! We had a wonderful Mexican dinner in honor of our friends, the Mexicans.
Kneading the dough.
Rolling out the tortillas is a true art!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!





3 comments:
I can just hear "Mr. Nolan" saying how you do the rolling of the dough just right. I bet he was good at it too. We didn't celebrate Cinco de Mayo as no one over here probably knows what it is.
I just noticed that hat.LOL Now I bet Nolan made that at school and I think it is a really "sharp looking" mexican hat.
Now that looks like a fiesta!! I hope you had one of nice cold beers for me!!
Post a Comment