Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Different Kind of Baseball Practice

After our last big win (we lost on this last Thursday, boo hoo. More about that later.) Les made the suggestion to have a fun water day out at our house for the next practice time. I about flipped out because Les and I had thrown the idea around, but never made definite plans. I think he was so full of adrenaline from winning he was not thinking straight! Therefore last Wednesday, the entire baseball team of 7 and 8 year old boys came to our house for a fun kind of practice. Les and I set up a mock baseball diamond and placed a slip and slide on the second and home base. I purchased some soaker balls at the dollar store and had them soaking in a bucket of water for the pitcher. The team took turns batting at the water balls with a big plastic bat and running to each of the bases; sliding into 2nd and home. They seemed to really love it and had a great time. I think they will always remember this practice! However, it was "something" to have that many crazy boys at our house at one time!

See the batter and home plate slide?
There goes Nolan sliding into second base!
He made it! Yeah!
This is a good picture to show the whole yard.
Sliding into home base.
Yeah, the boys had such a wonderful and exhausting time, they ended up losing their game the very next night by two points. Urgh! See, Les should have listened to me about the timing of his brilliant idea! Oh, well. He is still the coolest dad ever!

1 comments:

Krazy Kazy Kay said...

I just want to say Nolan and Leslie have the coolest MOM and DAD ever. Both of you come up with the neatest ideas to go with the occasion.