Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yeah Summer!


Yeah summer is here! Today was the last day of First Grade for Nolan. He was super excited. I told him today was the last day to get up early for a long time. The thing is, now we will see how many times he will get up early just because! I can't get the boy out of bed on school days and he gets up at 7:00 on weekends! Urgh. Oh well, at least he knows how to get himself something to eat and turn on the ol television so that I can keep sleeping. Here is my big boy and his Certificate of Completion.

First day of First Grade - August 2008

Last day of First Grade - May 2009
Check out his shorts! I can't believe I put them on him on the first and last day. hee hee. However check out the length in both pictures. Yep, my boy has grown several inches! They don't touch his knees anymore! Also, I obviously need to edit the exposure on the new pics. I am not sure what setting my camera was even on. ooops.
Ok, now that it is summer, what do I do with these kids all day? Seriously. I am starting a list of ideas for things to do during the day. I laughed at myself yesterday morning when I sat down to make a list of the things I need to make a list of. Is that OCD? I am a very "listy" person, I get it from my mom. However, I have to organize my thoughts in some form or fashion or I will get extremely bogged down. Anyway here is what I have on my list so far:
*I found games to play on the driveway with chalk on Family Fun website
*Have a cooking day
*Have a board game day
*Swim Day at Grandma's house
*Craft Day
*Field Trip day: go to the zoo, museum, AND TO AUNTIE CHERI'S HOUSE! (I promise!)
*Of course go camping, a lot!
These are the things I want to work on during this summer:
*workbooks to keep the kids up to date with their brains!
*read every night!
*make a chore chart to have the kids start helping out around the house
*work on Leslie going to sleep on her own at night. Yes, I STILL have to lay down with her!
Ok, we will see how this works. Let me know in the comments if you have any ideas!

2 comments:

Krazy Kazy Kay said...

I cannot believe the length of those shorts. He is getting so tall. Such a handsome boy. (I am not prejudice.LOL) He can swim at Grandma's at least 2 times a week. We can scrapbook by the window.

C.Thompson said...

Diana,
Just look at how much he has grown. I'm blown away!! Okay, now that school is out, let the FUN begin. Can't wait to see you guys!!!