Leslie cracks me up every day! Seriously, each day that passes she sends me to tears because she is growing so quickly and surprises me with the knowledge she has. Last night we watched ice skating on the TV and Leslie immediately fell in love. She got up and pretended she was ice skating; dancing and jumping around. At one point she stopped and came to me to see if I would sing a song for her to skate to and I said well if you will continue to play. She replied, "It will be my pleasure." I died laughing. Where in the world did she hear that? Where does she pick up on things like that? Leslie continued to dance around until bedtime and amazed us with her athleticism and limberness. While I laid in bed with her she stated that she was ready to be a big girl now and did not want to be a little girl anymore. Yes she said those exact words! I teared up and she knew it. She said, "Cheer up Mommy". Again, I was amazed at her vocabulary. She said, "Cheer up means to be happy, not sad!" I laughed and explained that I was sad because she is already growing so fast. Needless to say, I laid there staring and crying at Leslie while she drifted off to sleep.
Park City Utah
4 years ago

2 comments:
Little Leslie is growing up. See this is why I can't seem to get my kids back in their own beds. When they come in our room in the wee hours of the morning, I just can't turn them away. I know there will come a day when they will not want to snuggle with Mommy and Daddy and it just makes me sad!! I guess we can't keep them little forever.
Oh how sweet! Our children do grow too quickly!
Post a Comment