I can't believe it has been a week since my last post! Where does the time go? I guess I haven't blogged in days because I have had nothing to say. Can you believe that? Me.....nothing to say?
We have just been doing our normal daily grind with school and such.
I will say (see I always have "something" to say!) that yesterday was a really tough day. I watched the movie "Premonition" with Sandra Bulluck on Wednesday night and it really freaked me out. So much so, that I had a horrible nightmare that night. The movie was pretty weird and I will not ruin it for you if you had not seen it yet. Sandra Bulluck had premonitions (saw the future) of her husband dying. This part made me really sad, of course, because I related to her in the movie. Her husband was traveling and all was well until she got a knock at the door from a police man giving the news that her husband died in a terrible accident. I started sobbing when I saw this because that is one of my all time fears. As you know Les travels and I worry about him so much. I figured that I would have nightmares about Les but instead I woke to uncontrollable crying over my daddy at about 3:30 am. I will not go into much detail because I will get super upset again, but I am sure you can guess what happened. I could not go back to sleep for anything! Apparently I did at some point in the morning because I awoke to terribly swollen eyes. I couldn't wait to call my dad to see if he was alright and of course he was just fine, but worried about me. I immediately started crying again once I heard his voice on the phone that morning. Needless to say, my parents came for dinner last night and to play with the kids. I feel much better today.
I made a pact with myself over this, though. I prayed to God that night I watched that freaked out movie and apologized for not living each day like it was my last. I know that is hard to do when you go into your routine daily grind, but I am trying. I want to make sure that I tell everyone that I love, how much I love them and how much they mean to me. I am not sitting at this stinkin' computer as long, I have to limit myself. I am playing with Leslie more during the day instead of random cleaning. I know only one day has pasted and here I am on the computer typing this, but hey, it is a start, right? I am trying to let things roll off my back more. For example, I tell myself that it is okay that there are dishes in the sink and crumbs on the floor. It is okay that we are running a few minutes late to school. After doing this yesterday, I was actually a happier person (imagine that!). God has blessed me with a perfect life, you know. We are all healthy with no serious problems to have to deal with, my husband is the best man ever for me, our children are growing leaps and bounds, and the list goes on and on. Seriously, our lives could be so much worse and I hate how I take advantage of it on a daily basis. I also kept repeating "Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today will have enough trouble of its own." This verse is in the book of Matthew in the Bible, in which I am also trying to read every night.
Whew. I feel better getting all of this off my chest. I am so sorry if this is the most boring post you have ever read, but at least I feel better just "journaling" about it.
Park City Utah
4 years ago

2 comments:
Bless your heart :) I love this post... now if you can rub off on me. I would like to adapt to this as well.
((((hugs)))
Diana,
Those dreams just suck!! However, they are very grounding. Glad you parents came over for dinner and that you got to enjoy their company.
Post a Comment