Sunday, January 11, 2009

This is my soap opera....

Last night we had my good friend and her family over for dinner. The kids played and played while we got to have some great adult conversation. My blog came up in talking and I wanted to show them what it looks like. So I brought them over to my computer and explained exactly what a blog is and how easy it is to set up. They were impressed and kept asking questions so that they may set one up one day. I explained how I started this blog to keep family and friends that live far away updated with our family stories and events. I also told them how addicting reading other blogs can be. I actually admitted that I get up each morning, pour a cup of coffee, and sit down to check my friends' blogs. He asked if I knew all of the "blogs I watch" and I laughed and replied No. I just love to read good stories, especially the ones that are about mothering. I like to feel that I am not alone in making mistakes. So the husband said, "So this is your soap opera." I laughed and thought about it for a minute and answered, "Yeah, I guess so. I do not watch regular soap operas or any daytime television, so yes in a way, this is my soap opera."

0 comments: