Nolan has been feeling much better since taking antibiotics. So good in fact, he has been getting into trouble with his little attitude. He drove me absolutely bonkers yesterday! He had to go with me to pick up Leslie at school and I had to leave him in the car. Once I came back out with Leslie he had the windows rolled down and the radio jamming loud. All of the parents looked at us like we were growing antennae or something. I was so embarrassed and Nolan was smiling from ear to ear. I should have taken him right to his school door and given him the boot! We came home and had lunch. Leslie and Nolan played well for about 10 minutes before they started their lovely arguing and fighting. I set up a game for them and it lasted only about 2 minutes. Needless to say, I WAS READY FOR NOLAN TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL!
I am sorry if I seem to be complaining, but Nolan has developed quite an attitude and argues with everything. For example, I read the directions on how to play the game I mentioned and he argued that the instructions were wrong. If I say it is black, he says white. He even carries this arguing into directions I give him. So in order to stop this attitude I have come up with a great solution. I told the kids that next Friday we will be going to Chuck E Cheese (YUCK, but the kids love it). Of course they smiled really big and said, "Really?!" (We don't ever go unless it is for a birthday party.) I explained that they will earn coins to use at Chucks when they say "Yes, ma'am" when I tell them to do something or when I ask a question. So, this morning Nolan had to get ready for school and each time I said, "Okay, it is time to eat breakfast, brush your teeth, etc" he replied, "Yes ma'am. My mouth dropped open and it was so very nice to hear that instead of "why?" He already earned 6 coins! I told him that if he continues, we will be spending the night at Chuck E Cheese just to spend all of the coins he earns. Hopefully he will get in the habit of replying like that and we will not have attitude problems again.
Park City Utah
4 years ago

1 comments:
Yep, he's 100% boy. It's amazing what they'll do when it's on their terms,lol.
Post a Comment